Sex in the danger zone can be wild and intense, but you don’t have to be far from home to try it.
Although good sex in your nice, warm bed can be great, sexual experiences outside the bedroom can be very exciting and intense. And you can share this walk on the wild side with your mate in and around your own home and neighborhood.
Being outside of your comfort zone — and away from your comforter — can change and heighten your sexual response, especially if you are exploring a daring new locale that you consider forbidden because there is a chance of being caught.
There are a number of points to consider when thinking about getting frisky outside the safety of your boudoir.
1. Make sure your mother-in-law or the kids don’t actually catch you. Typically, you might feel more “comfortable” making love at home if you are sure that your children aren’t going to walk in on you. Although the thrill of getting caught is exciting, that does not extend to being caught by your kids. Take steps to prevent being walked in on if you move the action outside the bedroom.
2. Imagining you could get caught is thrilling. Pretending that someone might catch you could be a lot of fun. Playfully considering the idea that someone might walk in on you without actually risking such embarrassment (or potential arrest if you are in a public place!) could make the moment all the juicier.
3. Allow yourself to be spontaneous. For example, if you are returning home from a date night, and you want to have sex, don’t wait until you reach the bedroom. Start making out when you get in the car and maybe even have your partner pull over to a safe location where you can explore a little motor-vehicle foreplay. Even if you end up finishing the deed at home in the bedroom, just knowing that you are so attracted to each other that you can’t resist touching each other that very moment is highly erotic.
4. Get frisky right outside your house — or the moment you walk in. If you aren’t comfortable making out in your car in public, there are numerous other ways to explore this option, such as by performing oral sex on each other after you pull into your driveway and are safely ensconced in your garage, or pulling each other’s clothes off in the hallway as you advance toward the bedroom.
5. Have fun beneath the moonlit sky. You might consider having sex in the great outdoors, such as your backyard under the stars. If you are worried about people seeing, you can wear a dress without panties and just sit on your partner’s lap. No one will be able to see you straddling him as you enjoy making love outside in nature!
6. Taking your (sex) act on the road. You aren’t limited to your own abode! You can christen everywhere from the bathroom at your favorite restaurant to your office boardroom. If your sweetie is working late, surprise him with a sexy visit in which you wear a coat with nothing underneath but a sexy bra and panties. Hop on his desk and challenge him to a sexy session right then and there.
7. Make it exciting in small ways, every day. A simple step toward spontaneity and creating excitement outside the bedroom is to implement more touching into your daily routines with each other when you are away from home. For example, hold hands as you walk through the grocery store, or scratch his back as you wait in line at the movie theater. Cuddle against him at an outdoor picnic, or sit in his lap when you are entertaining in your backyard. Just find new and surprising ways to keep that physical connection alive and sizzling.
Be as bold as you like; but even if you aren’t comfortable with overly extravagant public displays of affection, you can still find modest and appropriate ways to express your attraction in public.
Laura Berman, PhD, is a leading sex and relationship educator and therapist, popular TV and radio host, New York Times best-selling author, and assistant clinical professor of ob-gyn and psychiatry at the Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University in Chicago.
Original post may be viewed here